Class Dismissed? I don’t think so...
Obama does the exact opposite of dismissing the different classes and one of his favorite targets is the rich. The top 1% is really an easy target, because so many people are jealous of rich people and covet their financial stature. That’s what Obama depends on and plays upon. The population of our nation of people who want to be given freebies in lieu of earning a better way of life has grown greatly with Obama at the helm. There are a lot more votes available on the lower-income bracket, so it just makes sense for Obama to play up to that majority and demonize the wealthy.
Obama wants the wealthy to pay more in taxes than they already now pay. He states it’s fair, because they have more and should pay their fair share. We should start referring to Obama as “Obama Hood.” Let’s take a quick look at how the wealthy have it so much better off at tax time than less fortunate people. Here are the facts for taxes paid for 2009.
A lot of lower-income Americans pay various excise taxes, as well as payroll taxes toward Social Security and Medicare, but does that indicate higher income people are getting off easy when they pay taxes?
In 2009, when including all federal taxes the top 1% paid 22.3% of taxes, while the bottom 20% only paid 0.3% of the taxes. This illustrates the top 1% paid 74 times the amount paid by the bottom 20%. As a quick comparison; the top 1% only paid 7 times a much in taxes in 1979.
Some love to use the reasoning that they pay more, because they simply earn more, but when factoring in income equality the wealthy still pay paid a disproportionate amount in taxes. In 2009 the top 1% only earned 13.4% of the US income that year, but paid 22.3% of all the taxes. The top 20% that earned 50.8% of the US income paid 67.9% of all the taxes.
All other income groups combined paid a much lower share in taxes than they earned. So exactly what does Obama mean when he says the wealthier should be thrust into higher tax rates to pay their fair share?
The numbers above are facts and anyone can look up this information and see it’s true. In my opinion the top 20% income earners are already paying more than their fair share and making them pay more is a crime. Also, increasing taxes on such a small group is not going to make a scratch in assisting the federal government gets our massive debt that has exploded under Obama’s leadership under control.
The federal government does not have a revenue problem. They have a wasteful and irresponsible spending problem. What exactly is Obama trying to accomplish by continually beating the drum the rich need to pay more in taxes? So it will be supposedly fair and help fix our debt problem? The only thing I can think of is just good old class warfare. Divide and conquer classes; which Obama thrives upon. Demonize the top 20% as greedy Scrooges in trying to brainwash the other 80% into supporting Obama Hood. He’s not going to snowball me…